Sunday, October 16, 2011

MORNING CUP OF COFFEE FOR OCTOBER 16TH 2011

MORNING CUP OF COFFEE FOR OCTOBER 16TH 2011
Good morning everyone and welcome to week number twenty-four of Morning Cup of Coffee.  I am amazed how fast this year is going by.  It is already mid-October.  Halloween is just around the corner.
Amazing!
Anyway, after some really uncharacteristic hot weather this week in SoCal (and we are talking 100+ degrees), it now is back to normal and it is an absolutely lovely fall morning.
Last week’s topic was “What Long Lyrics do you just Love?  Whenever music is involved, we get great response and this topic was no exception.  Everyone had a great and unique take, but here is Taryn Allen’s post:
I know that this will be cheesy but this lyric describes music to me:
"So I say thank you for the music the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy their bringing
Who can live without it I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me
--- "Thank You For the Music by ABBA
Nothing cheesy about that at all, Taryn.  There is always beauty in simplicity.  Great post, Taryn!
Before we get started, I want to wish a very Happy Birthday tomorrow to my beautiful, wonderful (and a little bit crazy) wife Nancy.  Birthday number 29! (yeah, I am trying to score points – I have no shame).  Ok, let’s get to today’s topic.  As we do each week, we begin with the rules:
Rule #1 – Absolutely no politics allowed
Rule #2 – ABSOLUTELY NO POLITICS ALLOWED!
So, let’s begin.  Take a bite of the leftover Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles, and take a good, long sip of that wonderful Carmel Macchiato let’s get started on this 16th day of October 2011.
Today’s MCOC is going to be a bit different.  I am going to pose a scenario and ask for your response or opinion.  There is no right or wrong answer.  Just a matter of opinion.  So, here goes.
You have a friend. This is not just any friend but a friend that you have been close to for years.  You have vacationed together, shared the ups and downs of your marriage and raising children.  When something happens in your life, your friend is the first person that you call.  While running errands one day, you see the spouse of your friend with another person – showing a great deal of affection.  It is clear that the spouse of your friend is having an affair.
The question is this: 
Do you tell your friend about what you have seen?  As painful as it may be, is it better that your friend know the truth?
 Or,
Do you not tell your friend and hope things work out on their own?
Or,
Do you have an opinion that is not one of the two mentioned?
I know this is not easy, and it may make some of you uncomfortable.  But, this is just to spark discussion.  Again, there is no right or wrong answer.  Just give your honest opinion.  I will post my answer later in the day.  So, take one last bite of the chicken and waffles, and another sip of the delicious Carmel Macchiato and start writing.  I know this is a serious topic, but have fun with it.
Catch you all on the flipside…..

No comments:

Post a Comment