Sunday, November 6, 2011

MORNING CUP OF COFFEE FOR NOVEMBER 6TH 2011

Good morning everyone and welcome to week number twenty-seven of Morning Cup of Coffee on this first Sunday of November.  I hope everyone enjoyed their extra hour of sleep this morning.  I know I did.
We are having fall weather here in SoCal.  Sunny, but cool and crisp.  High is in the 60s, low in the 40s.  I am a native Angelino and love our year-round sun, but I must admit that I do enjoy this cooler weather.
We had fun last week talking about scary movies, books and events for our Halloween edition.  A lot of great postings including this one from Jerry Garrett:
“I love the scary movies.  I really like the zombie moves like the Dawn of the Dead and Night of the Living Dead. I remember taking Dee to see some of these while we were dating and they would scare the crap out of her which would make for a good cheap date because she wouldn’t eat anything after watching those zombies eating the people.  I don’t know that any of them really scare me most are pretty comical with the cheesy special affects especially the old ones.  I am with the majority of the others I don’t like the ones that mess with your head and I don’t really care for the slasher movies.  Zombie movies fascinate me.  I’ve gotten hooked on the TV series The Walking Dead.”
Good post, Jerry.  Funny line about Dee being a cheap date after watching zombies eating the people.
Ok, let’s get to today’s topic.  As we do each week, we begin with the rules:
Rule #1 – Absolutely no politics allowed
Rule #2 – ABSOLUTELY NO POLITICS ALLOWED!
So, let’s begin.  For breakfast today, we are going to the Minnesota and Michigan for a breakfast of Danish Aebleskivers (if you have been to either Solvang, California or Leavenworth, Washington you know what these delicious calorie-laden breakfast bites are) and let’s go old school and have a nice old-fashioned cup of Folgers and let’s get started on this 6th day of November 2011.
Most of us fall into professions.  Not because we love it or that was our aspiration.  But you do something for a couple years, are good at it and get paid pretty well and stick with it.  A neighbor of ours is a licensed doctor.  He ended up quitting and becoming a really successful real estate agent.  Why, because he loved selling homes and didn’t like being a doctor.  But how many of us do what we really love?  A recent survey by US News and World Report stated that only about thirty percent of college graduates actually work in professions in their major course of study.
If I had it to do all over again, I would dedicate myself one hundred percent to writing.  It is definitely something that I love and I am decent at.  But writing is not practical and it is risky.  But is it worth it to take that risk to do something that you really love?  If I had to do it all again, I would take the risk.
So, the question for today is:  If you could start your life again and if you knew you could devote yourself to any occupation, what would you choose? And further, if the profession is risky, would you take the risk?
Ok, let’s do this.  Take a bite of the Danish Aebleskivers and a nice long sip of the Folgers coffee and start writing.  Remember, there is no right or wrong answer and you will not be judged.  Just post your honest opinion.  And most of all have fun with it. 
Catch you all on the flipside…..

No comments:

Post a Comment